Movingeast is a not for profit organisation with a commitment to deliver high quality experiences in Dance & Martial Arts. We serve the professional Dance community, our local community and work in statutory education, from Primary through to Higher Educational Institutions.
For over 10 years, movingeast has been making an indelible mark on the dance world, supporting dance artists in their professional development and in the making of new work.
Dance Artists & Companies who have recently benefited from our support:
Subsidised Rehearsal Space (example):
• Bonachela Dance Company
• Shobana Jeyasingh
• Henrie Oguike Dance Company
• Hofesh Sechter Company
• Katie Green
• Charles Linahan
Artists benefiting from the join Movingeast/The Place Research & Development Residency:
• Ben Ash – 2007/08
• Jemima Hoadley & Dylan Elmore – 2008/09
• Darren Ellis – 2009/10
• Frauke Requart – 2010/11
Also, many people, children and adults, have been nurtured and inspire through our programme of ongoing classes in Martial Arts, Contact Improvisation and other Somatic Practices. Grant income and commissions represent a significant part of our income and help to make our work viable. With the reductions in grant income we will inevitably be facing over the next few years, it is you, our friends, potential patrons, and fellow artists, who may be able to help us meet our obligations and to fulfil our ambitions.
Help us to make the coming years a continuing success. Your donation will help support:
• Courses with Hofesh Shechter Company & Trisha Brown Dance Company
• Research & Development Residency for Frauke Requart
• Subsidised hire rates of our studio for Dance Artists
• Educational activities, including dance workshops in local schools, enhancements into the Foundation Degree of Leicester College lectures and
• Postgraduate Aikido Elective for students from The Place
Donations can be made here:
Thank you for your generous support.